The Financial Mechanism Office is seeking a Communication Officer
On the website of The Financial Mechanism Office on 27th of July is published announcement that FMO is recruiting a Communication Officer to work in its office in Brussels.
The Financial Mechanism Office is responsible for the day-to-day running of the EEA and Norway Grants 2004-09 and 2009-14. It operates as part of the EFTA Secretariat in Brussels, serves as a secretariat for the three EEA EFTA countries (Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway) and as a contact point for the 15 beneficiary states and other stakeholders. The FMO reports to the Financial Mechanism Committee in respect of the EEA Grants and to the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs in respect of the Norway Grants.
The Communication Officer takes part in communicating the opportunities, activities and results of the EEA and Norway Grants. The Communication Officer reports to the Head of Communication, Reporting and Evaluation.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of information and communication strategies and plans;
- Develop, update and maintain the website www.eeagrants.org ;
- Develop, update and maintain social media platforms for the EEA and Norway Grants;
- Write and develop reports, publications, newsletters, and website content;
- Develop promotional material;
- Answer enquiries and give presentations about the EEA and Norway Grants;
- Coordinate information activities with donor state and beneficiary state entities;
- Organise workshops and information seminars.
Relevant university degree, minimum Master's level.
At least 5 years' experience in communication and/or journalism, including web/social/new media.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to present complex information clearly and effectively to different audiences;
- Excellent journalistic abilities in writing articles and news bulletins;
- Excellent understanding of web and social media;
- Self-reliance and autonomy, but also a facility for team work;
- Ability to multitask and work to tight deadlines;
- Comprehensive IT-skills, including experience with web management tools;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of another EFTA/EU language is an asset.
Deadline for application is 15 August 2010.
The full announcement is available at jobs.efta.int.
For further information, please contact:
Mr Sigve Bjorstad,
tel. + 32 2 211 18 84,
gsm: + 32 498 177 003,