Eurofound is seeking for Finance Assistant
In the Official Journal of the European Union on 15th of December 2009 is published notice of open competition: Finance Assistant.
The European Foundation for the Improvement of Living and Working Conditions (Eurofound), based in Dublin, Ireland, is seeking to create a reserve list of candidates for Finance Assistant.
Depending on the area of assignment, the duties of the post may include any or all of the following:
- Initiating financial transactions and payments;
- Calculation of travel expenses for staff;
- Calculation of reimbursements for experts attending Eurofound meetings;
- Support of assigned units with regard to their financial transactions;
- General budget duties, including assisting with forecasting, monitoring and reporting;
- Supporting the workflow of procurement and contract administration and documentation;
- Advising on Financial regulations, reimbursement rules, procurement guidelines, etc;
- Provision of administrative and secretarial support to relevant unit;
- Dealing with internal and external contacts by e-mail, telephone, face-to-face, etc;
- Preparation and organisation of business trips and meetings;
- Maintenance of relevant databases;
- Maintenance of diaries and ensuring deadlines are met;
- Preparation of files and file maintenance;
- Other duties and responsibilities that may be assigned.
The competition is open to candidates who:
- Are citizens of one of the Member States of the European Union;
- Are entitled to full rights as a citizen;
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the laws concerning military service;
- Are able to produce character references as to suitability for performance of the duties specified;
- Have a thorough knowledge of one official language of the European Union and a satisfactory knowledge of another language of the Union, including an excellent knowledge of English which is the principal language of Eurofound;
- Have completed an advanced level of secondary education attested by a diploma giving access to postsecondary education;
- Have at least two years' relevant experience.
The successful candidate will be recruited to Function Group AST, Grade 1, as Temporary Agent with a contract of indefinite duration.
Full details of the post as well as the application can be downloaded from the Eurofound
website vacancies page:
Candidates should read the vacancy notice carefully as incomplete applications will not be considered.
All applications must be submitted on the official application form which can also be downloaded from the website.
Deadline for applications: 18 January 2010.